In 2012 the following 20 vans are the cheapest to tax. They all fall into tax brackets A to D. The brackets are based on the co2 emissions of the vans. Many of these vehicles are also very fuel efficient and therefore are cheap to run on both fuel and road tax.
- Citroen Nemo
- Citroen 625Kg L1 Berlingo
- Fiat Cargo Doblo
- Fiat Combi N1 5Dr Fiorino
- Fiat Cargo Maxi LWB Doblo
- Fiat L2 12Q Scudo
- Ford Transit 300 SWB, 350 MWB, 350EF LWB
- Isuzu Grafter N35.150
- Mercedes Benz Sprinter 313 MWB 3.5t 4wd
- Mitsubishi Fuso Canter
- Peugeot Partner L1 850Kg
- Peugeot Bipper
- Renault Kangoo ML19 and ML20
- Vauxhall Movano R35 L2, R35 L3, L2 2300
- Vauxhall Combo L1 2000, L1 2300, L2 2300
- Allied eboxer
- Allied ePartner
- Allied eBipper
- Azure Dynamics Transit Connect Electric
- Renault Kangoo Z.E. and Maxi Z.E.
For more information about the current road tax legislation and price brackets see http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-buyers-guide/cbg_roadtax.html and http://carfueldata.dft.gov.uk/new-vehicle-tax.aspx.