Terms and Conditions
USE OF WEBSITE
All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this Website is operational al day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time. Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in Website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
VISITOR PROVIDED MATERIAL
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Throughout this Website you may find links to third party websites. The provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse that website. If you visit any website via a link on this Website you do so at your own risk. Any party wishing to link to this website is entitled to do so provided that the conditions below are observed: you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing; you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website; and the website from which you link to this Website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party. By linking to this Website in breach of clause 5.2 you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this Website as a result of such linking.
Whilst we do take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate at all times we do not guarantee that all material is accurate and ,or up to date. All material contained on this Website is provided without any or warranty of any kind. You use the material on this Website at your own discretion.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
LAW and JURISDICTION
- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
- Collecting personal information
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- [information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths]);]
- [information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including [your email address, your name, company name, post code, phone number, fleet size and vehicle types]);]
- [information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including [your name and email address]);]
- [information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including [the timing, frequency and pattern of service use];]
- [information relating to any purchases you make of our [goods / services / goods and/or services] or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including [your name, address, telephone number and email address];]
(f) [information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including [the communication content and meta data associated with the communication]);]
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Using your personal information
- Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We may use your personal information to:
- [administer our website and business;]
- [enable your use of the services available on our website;]
- [send you non-marketing commercial communications;]
- [send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;]
(e) [send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);]
(f) [provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);]
4.5 [We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.]
5. Disclosing personal information
5.1 We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
5.2 [We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.]
5.3 We may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- [to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and]
- [to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.]
5.4 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
7. Retaining personal information
7.1 This Section 7 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
7.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
7.4 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
8. Security of your personal information
8.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
8.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
8.4 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
8.5 [You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).]
9.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
9.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
10. Your rights
10.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
(b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity [(for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)].
10.2 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
10.3 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
10.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
11. Third party websites
11.1 Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
11.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
12. Updating information
12.1 Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
13.2 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
13.3 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
13.4 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
13.5 We use both session and persistent cookies] on our website.
13.6 The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- we use analytics cookies on our website to [recognise a computer when a user visits the website / track users as they navigate the website;
- [repeat as necessary.]
13.7 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
13.8 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
13.9 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
13.10 You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
13.11 Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Coversure – Free Witness Camera Offer – Terms & Conditions.
In order for Coversure Insurance Services (Colchester) to provide a quotation you must provide them with your current Claims Experience document, your fleet vehicle schedule and your renewal premium a minimum of 10 days prior to your renewal date. Where Coversure’s quotation beats your current renewal price you must take out your fleet insurance policy with Coversure to qualify for your free camera. If they are unable to beat your renewal price simply write to Coversure at657 The Crescent, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9YQ within 2 weeks of your quotation to claim your free Nextbase 101 witness camera. Your free camera may take up to 45 days to deliver.
Vehicle Tracking – Free Witness Camera Offer – Terms & Conditions.
You must provide accurate and genuine details in order to get a quote and to qualify for your free camera. Upon receiving your quote simply write to Quoting Business at 657 The Crescent, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9YQ within 2 weeks of your quotation to claim your free Nextbase 101 witness camera. Your free camera may take up to 45 days to deliver.